No matter what time of year it is, overhauling routines and improving our environments is crucial, especially when we’ve been stuck indoors for months on end. Your self-pleasure and masturbation routines are no different, and we’re here to help.
Deep cleaning your pleasure routine means introducing powerful and helpful new elements, like toys and products, while getting rid of the old ones that no longer serve you (literally). And it doesn’t have to be tied to a specific season—sprucing up your pleasure routine is always a good idea! Everybody’s orgasm could use a revamp now and again, so let’s dive in.
Communication Is Key
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: toys and purchases are NOT going to fix your orgasm problems. If you struggle to climax or feel partner play is difficult and unsatisfying, there’s probably something much deeper going on, and it requires communication. Painful or uncomfortable sex or the inability to orgasm can both be caused by physical and emotional medical conditions, but it can also be the result of tired communication methods between partners.
Here are three prompts to guide you to better intimate communication.
- Is there something new you and your partner want to try? How would you know, if neither of you asks? Roleplay, new positions, or sexy new locations are all options! But finding out requires communication and interest in the other person’s pleasure. Just ask!
- Are you unsatisfied in bed? Listen, this is a really vulnerable subject and we get it. But you deserve orgasms, and it takes vulnerability and difficult conversations to get there. Don’t feel guilty, because it’s not entirely your partner’s fault. The real problem is the lack of communication about your desires and wants; lack of orgasms is the symptom, not the illness.
- Talk to your doctor if your problems are serious. Last but not least, communication with a medical professional may be necessary. There are several medical conditions that cause painful sex, and they can be physical or emotional—or a combination of both. Persistent or intense intimate problems may require a professional’s help!
The best vibrators for women and femmes
Not to toot our own horn (actually, toot toot!) but we work hard to design pleasure devices that fit vaginal anatomy and deliver more than a basic experience. If you’re looking for a new toy to add to your arsenal this season, we’ve got you covered!
- Drift - For an elevated experience, Drift really delivers. This warming bullet vibrator is one of the best vibrators for women and femmes because the slightly-above-body-temp temperature is soothing and stimulating. It’s a new, exciting experience that provides powerful orgasms but can also soothe pelvic pain and discomfort of penetration. If you don’t have a warming vibrator yet, Drift is an excellent choice!
- Sway - Ready to explore in even more ways? If it’s new and exciting you’re looking for as you deep clean your pleasure routine, Sway has a double-ended design with dual motors that provide powerful, rumbly, intense vibrations on the G-spot, clitoris, P-spot or perineum. No matter your gender or orientation, it’s an orgasmic choice! Plus, the WarmSense™ technology is just as soothing and stimulating here as in Drift.
- Osé 2 - Designed to mimic the best kinds of human touch, Osé 2 combines a G-spot massager and clitoral mouth to arouse and stimulate both pleasure points simultaneously. If you’re ready to take the plunge and introduce a seriously orgasmic device, Osé 2 is your go-to! Get ready for blended orgasms like you’ve never experienced before.
Clean your toys properly
Of course, no cleaning post would be complete without reminding you to actually clean! Cleaning toys properly is key because they go in and around your body. Here are our top tips for keeping toys sparkly and ready to go.
- Make sure you use the proper cleaner for each toy. Silicone, metal, plastic, fabric, and leather all have different cleaning requirements. All Lora DiCarlo toys are made of body-safe, medical-grade silicone and are submersible. Cleaning is a breeze; you can use warm water and a drop of antibacterial soap. However, check the directions for cleaning instructions on other toys you own as they may be very different! And of course, don’t forget to let your toys air dry properly; putting them away with moisture is a great way to encourage mold and bacteria growth.
- Throw away any toys with discoloration, chips, or damage. Over time, any toy can get damaged and paint or even part of the material can chip away. Glass can chip, as can crystal and soft silicone. Metal can become discolored, as can leather, and some types of plastic can get damaged in multiple ways. When this happens, it’s best to toss the toy and replace it, no matter how attached you are. Chips and nicks are good hidey-holes for bacteria and if metal or other materials have turned colors, you don’t want to put any of that in and around your body.
- Clean toys properly between uses, especially when sharing. If using a toy with or on a new partner, be sure to clean the toy properly between each use. Toys can spread STIs! It’s also a good idea to use condoms on dildos and other toys that come into contact with bodily fluids in these situations.
Whether you’re feeling stuck in your pleasure routine or simply want to try something new, we hope you’re feeling inspired to take the next step! Orgasm fatigue is a real thing, and we can all find ourselves in a rut. But you deserve better!
Make your pleasure routine a priority, and we guarantee your body and brain will thank you for all the new climax and orgasm energy.