Lora DiCarlo is seeking an efficient and organized Social Media Intern to join our growing team. This position is for 20 hours a week and is located in Bend, OR.
The internship is for an initial 3-month period, with an option to extend the program if suitable for both parties.
In this position, you will interact with the brand’s online communities and network to promote our products, company mission and provide customer service. You will be responsible for managing the daily posting schedule and executing on all scheduled content as detailed in the Content Calendar.
The Social Media Intern works under the direction of the Content and Social Media Manager and is a member of the Marketing Department.
- Maintain and grow company social media pages and profiles (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Assist in the execution of daily and weekly posts across platforms
- Respond to all comments and questions in a timely and thorough manner
- Actively engage in dialogue with customers, fans and followers to provide a meaningful, personalized experience
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Actively engage in conversations on relevant channels, accounts and communities
- Stay informed of current events and relevant news
- Ability to speak and write in the brand voice and tone
- Ability to maintain tact and professionalism in all conversations
- Draft copy for posts
- Assist in the creation of graphics and image optimization as needed
- Source brand appropriate and mission aligned content for resharing
- Stay informed of all major platform updates, changes to policy and best practices
- Monitor and report on weekly engagement and audience numbers
- Perform customer service across social channels, ensuring positive resolutions of questions and satisfied customers
- Proficient in Google Suite Apps
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Excellent written communication skills with emphasis on proofreading and grammar
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and mitigate and resolve conflict
- Creative writing ability
- Experience creating branded image, photo and video content is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar software is a plus
Learning Objectives and Skills Development:
The Social Media Intern will be expected to have a functional knowledge of the following social media platforms:
In this position you will learn how to manage and apply best practices to these platforms in order to achieve the business objectives of audience growth, engagement, brand awareness and brand identity. Additional training and mentorship will be provided on systems, software and tools used to execute the daily and weekly tasks assigned to you. You will also be included in departmental meetings and exposed to the overall marketing strategy for the brand. You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to the business as a whole, and participate with cross-functional teams.